Spectacles and Sunglasses
As an independent practice we offer a wide choice of frames. The range includes designer brands including Guess, Karen Millen, Gant, Police, Silhouette and Givenchy together with an extensive selection of quality frames to suit all tastes and budgets.
Whilst frame design and comfort are essential, we believe lens quality to be the most important factor. From classic designer brands through to specialised sporting frames, our range provides contemporary styles with complete sun protection. Many of our sunglasses can be fitted with prescription tinted lenses.
How to protect your eyes:
- Wear sunglasses which carry the CE quality mark. This is important even if you are wearing contact lenses with a UV filter, because the sunglasses will help protect the skin around your eyes, as well as the eye itself. It is especially important for children to wear sunglasses because their pupils are bigger than adults’, making the risk of sun damage much higher.
- If you wear glasses or contact lenses, check that the lenses include a UV filter, for everyday protection.
- Choose sunglasses that sit closer to the eye and wrap around the sides of your face, blocking out more light.
- Wear a wide-brimmed sun hat for more protection.
- Never look at the sun directly – even if it’s just for a few seconds.